Tuesday 15 August 2017

A Normal Day Birthday

I turned twenty three yesterday. It was a good birthday, felt like any other day but better. Which is just what I was looking for! John usually takes me to places on the actual day, but this year we are going to Japan in September, and so that is my birthday-present (as well as his). Instead of something grand, we met up in Holland Village and ate at a restaurant we both love.

From morning until I was leaving, I was doing "nothing". Doing nothing is still doing something, as the quote goes. I am not sure who said that though. I was gaming, I was reading, I was eating pretty good leftovers for lunch. It was a sunny day and I could have gone down to the pool, the thought was definitely there, but instead I chose to do what I wanted to do. There is nothing wrong with that, no matter what day it is!

So by five o'clock I started getting ready. It does not take me long, but I wanted to get comfortable in the clothes before leaving the apartment. Choosing a dress with pockets - it is also a cute dress, the pockets are just a big bonus - I was ready to go outside. Though when outside I felt the wind and decided I needed tights. Back and forth I go until I eventually made it into the elevator. Holland Village is just one station from where we live, so it was a short ride.

Luckily, John came with the next train there so I did not need to wait long. We go to this ramen place called Sanpoutei, which I really recommend for anyone who likes ramen. John even said that eating there made him feel like he was eating food from Miyazaki movies. I agreed. We ordered what we usually order, which for John is the spiciest ramen they serve and for me one with seaweed. I ordered a couple of, what they call, rice sandwich, but I call sushi. Though I could have done without, the food is so filling! Afterwards we had planned on getting some delicious ice cream but none of us had enough room for it.

Instead, once we got back to home, we bought an Ben&Jerry from shop inside the condo. We do not usually buy it because it is crazy expensive, but, birthday as it was, we bought it anyway! John's parents called when we were going up the elevator. It is sort of a tradition that they do and sing for me! They are so lovely and it made my day even better. Staying on the phone with them for like an hour or so, we eventually hung up to watch the latest Game of Thrones episode. Great series, I am just now getting into it, though I am missing some episodes after The Red Wedding and... after that.

So as birthdays go, I would say it was a good one. I got two presents from my friends on Saturday, I got to eat good food yesterday, I got my birthday song and I got my ice cream. Now it is the next day and I feel the same. My number has changed, but nothing has changed really. Apart from one promise I made for myself, which I intend to keep from internet so that I do not feel pressure. Though it has to do with putting my health before my desires.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post and article you have shared here thanks for sharing and posting keep going on. Alcohol Delivery Singapore

    ReplyDelete